Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Special Assignment - An In Depth Look at Mr. McClung's World

Mr. McClungs's World
Mr. McClung is an eighth grade teacher in Fayetteville, Arkansas. This is his third year of teaching and he strongly supports technology in the class room. His blog is so interesting and very easy to follow. He has five rules in his class room: follow directions quickly, raise your hand when you want to speak, and when you want to leave your seat, make smart choices, and keep your dear teacher happy. I think these rules are fairly simple and should be easy for an eighth grader to follow.

The first item under things everyone needs is a daily planner. I completely agree with this. I would be so lost if I did not write my daily duties down even if it is something as simple as do your homework. Every day something is late in his class your grade drops a letter grade. His blog serves as a daily newsletter for parents, students, and teachers. This way they will always be informed on what is going on inside and outside the classroom.

Mr. McClung's blog is a great example for me to follow as an aspiring teacher. I will definitely create one for my students and parents to be able to follow. This is a great tool for the education system, communication is the most effective tool in learning. I am so happy that I got the opportunity to explore Mr. McClung's blog and learn from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment