Monday, April 11, 2011

Blog Post # 12






If I had to make an assignment I think it would be to write a letter to the teachers of America.

Instructions: Write a letter to the teachers of America and tell them how you feel about the educational system and what needs to be done about it.

Dear teacher,

Your job is so important to this country. By the time you retire you will have had some effect on hundreds of growing minds. Wouldn't you like to be a positive influence on them? When I look back at teachers I have had the ones I cherish the most are the ones who actually challenged me to learn. With times changing as fast as they are we need to take a step back and see what needs to be done to keep up. If we don't our students will be severely left behind. Don't be afraid of creativity in the class room. Webster;s dictionary defines school as an organization that provides instruction. This does not mean sit your children down and make them do busy work. Actually teach them and show them that learning can be fun! A woman named Eartha Kitt stated she will continue learning all the time, and her tombstone will be her diploma. We should carry this exact same attitude. We must be the change that our world needs to see.

Sincerly,
A concerned future educator

2 comments:

  1. Hey Hailey,

    This is a very interesting choice. I think this is a very unique way to show your feelings and to express those feelings like it was going to be read by all the teachers. I like your comment about busy work. I agree that to many teachers have used this to help keep their students quiet or to make them behave in the classroom. I wish that more teachers new how big of a role they play in each students' lives.

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hailey!
    I agree with Stephen that this is a very unique choice and a good idea! I would've probably made the directions a little more detailed to include something about why technology should be adapted in the classroom, but overall I thought you did a great job! I like that quote you have about how a tombstone will be this woman's diploma. That's a good way to look at life and learning!
    Great post!
    Jessica Battles

    ReplyDelete