Saturday, March 5, 2011

Randy Pausch Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams

Randy Pausch Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams


This lecture by Randy Pausch is truly inspiring. He encourages us to chase our child hood dreams as he has done himself. He had ten tumors in his liver and was only given a few more months to live. He starts the lecture off by giving us a few of his childhood dreams, and as the speech progresses he tells us how he accomplished all of them. Pausch helped enable child hood dreams of others by being a professor. He was said to be a great sales man, so he wanted to sale something worth while, like education. I hope I can do the same when I become a teacher. Let children know that there is so much more to education than just what is inside these four walls, and in the text books.

One of the main points he made that stuck out to me in his lecture was brick walls are there for a reason. What he meant by this is when you try to accomplish something but an obstacle is in your way , don't be discouraged. That obstacle was put there so that people who do not want to accomplish that dream as bad as you do are turned away. You then have to work even harder, face that obstacle, and beat it.

Another point he made was we need to always have fun. He told us that even though he is dying he is still having a great time. This is a thought we should live by every day. There is no point in living life unhappy. Every situation you face in life you should face it with optimism. You never know when your last day on earth could be so live it like it is tomorrow. I have had way too many young friends pass way unexpectedly for me to now live life to the fullest.

This video has inspired me to make a list if things that I want to accomplish. I will set out to accomplish these dreams and not give up till I do. When he closes this lectures he dedicates it to his three children and leaves the crowd emotional as well as all of the viewers. Not only has he accomplished all his dreams he has set fire to others. I will never forget the points made by this man, and I will strive to live by them daily.

1 comment:

  1. Hailey,
    Very nicely done! You have done a great job with your posts and extra activities. I am glad you have gotten a lot out of this assignment and are learning your PLN.
    Amberly Elmore

    ReplyDelete